canon g12 worth buying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaworm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking to buy a g12 from eBay as a complete package which isn't that much. Any pros and cons to the g12? Which would be the better housing canons or ikelite?

I love my G12. I have the canon housing but recently upgraded to a recsea. The canon housing was fine, easy to use I just got a little nervous when I slipped on a muddy patch and smacked it against a rock. Decided to go with the cast aluminum housing. I get what I think are some pretty awesome pictures with my G12.

I had a Canon 10 (until it died in Oct) with a Canon case. I came close to buying an Ikelite case, I felt I did not need it. Your answer depends on what you want to do. They are 2 different cases. The Canon case is much smaller, you can use the internal flash (with the defuser). But it can not handle TTL strobes. The Ikelite case can, (it might be limited to Ikelite strobes).

Happy Shopping. I'm sure you will be happy either way

Back
Top Bottom