Canon G12 Focus and Locking Up Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bopper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m a pretty novice photographer. Recently I had the opportunity to pick up a Canon G12 in an Ikelite housing at a really good price. It also came w. an external strobe and a WD-4 wet lens. I tried it out this weekend. Although I was happy w. the overall performance, I came across a couple of issues I was hoping more experienced photographers might help me with:

1. I usually either shoot in Tv or Av modes. After taking some photos in one of the modes, I found that for some reason the camera seemed to “lock up”. I would depress the shutter button halfway and the focus dots would not blink. Then I would depress it all the way and it wouldn’t take a photo. Pressed it multiple times and still nothing. I would then need to change the settings to another manual mode (Usually Tv to Av or vice versa) and then the camera would “unlock” and I could take pictures again.
  2. I would be taking pictures and it would focus, and then all of a sudden it stopped focusing. I would then pull back the zoom and it could focus again.
    1. I know that there is a “minimum focus range”, but how can I figure out what that is when adding the wet lens?
    2. Does this wet lens increase or decrease this minimum focus range?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom