Canon g11, WP DC34, need help; how to adjust f-stop and or exposure.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

debb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

Just got my housing for G11 and I know there is a way to adjust the F-stop and/or exposure, but all I can figure out is the wheel for ISO settings. Tried M, AV, and TV. The wheel I use to change the settings does not have a connection on the housing. Someone told me that there was a way around this other than set it before putting it in the housing, anyone know how?
TX Deb

Usually is the S (shortcut key) and plus minus buttons

If that is the case you will find the details in the housing instruction manual

What is exactly that you are trying to do? If you are trying to use exposure compensation in Av or Tv modes to change f/stop that unfortunately will not do a thing unless your flash is set to Off

Hi Debb,

Congratulations on purchasing your G11, you will get lots of beautiful underwater shots using this set-up.

So then, when you are in AV mode, to change the f stop, you need to press the Shortcut key (as Interceptor said above) and then press the left and right button either side of your Function Set button. These are the Macro and Flash buttons. You have to be super careful and keep your Shortcut Key pushed down at exactly the same time as you choose either the macro or flash buttons to change your aperture from f2.8 all the way through to f8. You will see a little bar pop up with all the different keys on it. You then change your exposure using the dial at the top on the left hand side.

So, if you decide to got into Manual, it gets a tiny bit more tricky. You still use that Shortcut key with the macro and flash buttons to move from left to right to change your aperture, and then if you need to change your shutter speed, you need to press the key just above your rear wheel to the right. There are two buttons here, but the one on the right is the one that you need to use to switch between changing the aperture and changing the shutter speed when in manual mode. Then you just toggle left or right as before using the macro and flash buttons as left and right keys.

Hope that this makes sense.

Best of luck and look forward to hearing how you get on.

maria

Thank you. I figured it out last night, but I really appreciate the detailed answer!

Going to use this for nite dives, smaller and easier than my SLR. And I know it takes great photos.

Deb

You are welcome,

Great to hear that you've got it figured! Look forward to seeing some shots.

Have fun!

maria

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom