Canon G11 with Ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Italy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,

I recently received the G11 for Christmas. I specifically asked for this camera to bring underwater because of the many controls that are all accessible from the outside.

I have pretty much sold myself on the Ikelite housing with the DS51 single strobe as my main rig.

Anyone have any thoughts or reviews about this setup?

Thanks in advance!

I have the ikelite housing with ds160 strobe and just shot in Hawaii. I really liked the set up and the camera functions well. I think you will find you can get to all the functions and will be happy with your purchase.

Awesome! Do you have any example pics?

What made you go with the 160 Strobe?

I will have pics this weekend at picasaweb.google.com/rcperk2. If I can get used to my Mac to get them on the web.

I chose the ds160 because of the led modeling/nite lite. I got tired of trying to balance a flashlight and focus my camera at the same time.

WOW!!! Those are some amazing shots. Now I'm REALLY excited about getting a housing for my G11 :)

I do have a question though. In your album here: Picasa Web Albums - Raymond - utila09 your macro shots are spot on but some of the wide angle shots of the wreck are grainy. What ISO were you using and do you find that this is typical?

Thanks for your kind words. The Utila shots were taken with an Olympus SP-350. I think iso may have been as high as 200.

One of the many reasons to upgrade. Would always try to use low iso with the canon unless very low light.

Other Olympus shots at picasaweb.google.com/perkins.chuck

Good Luck

I have the ikelite housing with ds160 strobe and just shot in Hawaii. I really liked the set up and the camera functions well. I think you will find you can get to all the functions and will be happy with your purchase.

Hi Charlie,

Have you tried capturing videos with your setup? If so, how was the quality?

thanks,

JK

quality of video with a g11 is decent as long as their is enough ambient light. Had some good examples I took last weekend at the quarry of 'fairy fanning' and people standing on the bottom. See if i can post them later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom