Canon G10 or SeaLife DC1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splash-X, I don't know what is wrong with your camera. I have the same camera, the S&S DX-1G and writing a RAW picture to the memory card costs 4-5 second, certainly not 10-15 secs as you mention. I am using a SanDisk 4.0 GB SDHC card. As said in another thread I was also disappointed with this camera, but it turned out that it was not the camera but me that was the problem. Since I am shooting manually at ISO 80 I am more than happy with this camera with my YS-110 strobe in TTL-mode. My advice would be to invest in another memory card first; far cheaper than replacing the camera. I have no experience using this camera above water; I have a Nikon D90 DSLR for above water use. My guess would be that the camera can perform above water at least as good as under water because generally the conditions are far better above water than under water.
So in short, don't blame the camera; check your memory card first. Other people are able to work with the quirks of this camera and produce good results.

I'll admit it may be a user error. I gave it another shot this weekend using S&S mode and compared it to my Canon a650 in Underwater mode and the difference is night and day. The Canon beats the S&S hands down in every picture.

When I bought the S&S I had intended to find someone who could teach me all about the manual settings to properly use it. I haven't found any LDS that can assist me with that so it leaves me out of luck on that part.

I want to love my camera, I really do but it has left me disappointed.

I hope to give it a few more shots with the S&S in manual mode over the next few weeks before I sell it. Can you give me some info (links or even in your own words) about what settings to start with in manual mode?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom