Canon EOS Rebel T2i kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Age has nothing to do with it. I am educated enough to be familiar with the origin of the term. I am also part German, have lived in Germany, have lots of German friends and know some who jokingly refer to themselves as krauts.

Irrespective of your origins, this scumbag is scamming people. Kraut or not makes no difference.

age has a lot to do with it. I took a lot of crap for being german as I was a child in the late 50's early 60's. I have friends that are german and they hate that term just as blacks hate ****** and me being white hate cracker and honkey. do you know where honkey originated from and why it came to be? I grew up in a time when people were not "pc" about anything, if you didn't like it, tough S@#*. nobody cared if your feelings got hurt, there were no "time outs", and we kept score when we played a sport. so many young people (under 35) today think they know what it's all about and are way to far to the left. I'm not a right winger by any means but I call a spade a spade and he's acting like a "kraut". do you know where that phrase came from?

see what I mean, you can't write the N-word even though it's not used in a derogitory way but you can write white slams all day long.

Geez, I didn't mean to start a fight. I'm not left wing at all- quite the opposite, in fact. I was just saying I know Germans, real ones born and raised there, who will jokingly call themselves a kraut. I'm not going to get pulled into an argument about it and other racial slurs though.

It seems as though you have never been ripped off in a big way online but correct me if I'm wrong. I have been as have many others I know and what happens is these scum keep it up until they are called out and found so if there is anyone in the houston area that can find this guy get in touch with ramsy and get his name. sorry compton, you just kind of tugged a raw nerve

No, I have luckily never been ripped off. I'm sure it's terrible and wish the world were still a place where two individuals who don't know each other could trust one another to make a transaction which is mutually beneficial. Unfortunately, it's not and I never really got to experience it when it was. I completely agree that people who do such things are scum and should be called out on it. I just didn't think it had anything to do with his name being kraut. Sorry I hit a nerve, it wasn't my intention- it just hit a nerve for me to say anything derogatory about Germans because I love all the ones I know, who are completely good honest people :)

I have mailed him the whole package as was agreed upon. I did communicate with him through email and phone and did everything I could to resolve the situation. His claim that he did not receive the strobe, I can not proof.
It is an unfortunate situation, however I have sold many items in the past over the internet and haven't had a problem.
It is certainly disturbing to read the many defaming and slandering threads from some of you. Him being an attorney as he published himself should know to refrain from publicizing others personal private information.

I request those be removed immediately please, incl. my private personal address. Thank you.

In most states, you can be sued for publishing private facts about another person, even if those facts are true. The term "private facts" refers to information about someone's personal life that has not previously been revealed to the public, that is not of legitimate public concern, and the publication of which would be offensive to a reasonable person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom