Canon A620 Misc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Dive4fun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just ordered my Canon A620 and Housing. I would like to know what is a must have list of extras for my new system. How many Hi Def pictures can I expect on a 512 mb sd card? Should I get a 1 or 2 gig SD Card? Is the 150x fast SD cards a beter way to go? Should I get display protector sheets ASAP? Can I use my canister light, 50W 6400K as an extra lighting solution for pictures? Anyone have a protective cover to go over the underwater housing to protect the face from scratches, when camera is not in use? What about extended warranty programs?

I get roughly 78 pictures in superfine mode, max resolution on a 256mb card if thats any help.

As for using the light, yes it'll work, you have lots of manual options to set exposure etc if needed.

If you're planning to shoot video clips you need a 2GB card. I have a 1GB card and I can barely shoot a 10 minute video clip in standard mode.

Although i would add the video isnt great. max res 640 x 480, standard is half that and quality generally isnt much good.

I just bought my A620 with the case but haven't tried it yet. I want to know if I need to buy the weight for the case or is it OK just like it is?

Its very positive without a weight, good for snorkelling but a pain for diving, keeps floating above your head/getting tangled etc.

I'd get the weight (or make one).

String:
Its very positive without a weight, good for snorkelling but a pain for diving, keeps floating above your head/getting tangled etc.

I'd get the weight (or make one).

Is it as positive with strobe attached? I have a Sea & Sea YS 25 Auto - I am going to use mine with (just got it as replacement for flooded DX8000G).

No idea - i dont own a strobe.

jpomerantz:
Is it as positive with strobe attached? I have a Sea & Sea YS 25 Auto - I am going to use mine with (just got it as replacement for flooded DX8000G).

Negative buoyancy for the total rig will depend upon strobe arm and tray chosen considering the YS 25 Auto only weighs in at @ 7 grams negative underwater..........

hth,
b

bobf:
Negative buoyancy for the total rig will depend upon strobe arm and tray chosen considering the YS 25 Auto only weighs in at @ 7 grams negative underwater..........

hth,
b

hi. Using the DX arm and stay. Where can I find the wt info? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom