Canon A60 and Compact Flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stogie1020

Reaction score
Hey all!

I am thinking aboutgetting a Canon A60Because the reviews are all so good, and the price is kinda nice too. Anyone used this and or the Canon underwater housing for it?

ALSO: This camera uses Compact Flash. Does anyone have any info on the "write speed" of diff cameras and diff BRANDS of media? I would LOVE to get ahold of a chart or something. Thanks.

Does anyone have any info on the "write speed" of diff cameras and diff BRANDS of media
You can find a comparison here.
Remember that for the accelerated r/w speeds to be effective your camera must be able to support it.
I have a Transcend 512 in my C5050 and I think it's as fast (if not faster) than my 128 xD card.

Google comes through again... I found the CF comparisons, now i'm looking for anyone who has used the A60 underwater. Is the housing from Canon of good quality or is it ditchable weight?

the new housing for the A60 / A70 is rated to 40m (others are only 30m).

Yet to test it in anger but going to Palau in June and hope to give it a work out there if I can't exercise it before then.

Will let you know if it drowns or not !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom