Canon A530

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floridawannabe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, I think I made a mistake. I bought a A530 for my wife but also for me :D to take scuba diving. I looked on-line and I saw the WP-DC2 for I thought the A530 but it is for the A540. Now both cameras have the same dimension as each other. The A540 is 6 MP, has a 2.5 LCD, and a underwater setting, the A530 5 MP and a 1.8. So can anyone tell me if I need to take it back because it will not work in the WP-DC2 housing FOR SURE, it is only $60. more.. Thank you in advance.

But with the EXACT same dimensions and the same button figuration, why?

Well, for one the screen size is different which would seem to imply that the buttons may be in slightly different places. It only takes a mm of difference to screw things up.

Other than that - I have no idea :D You could ask Canon but that'll take some time.

I guess that is it because I can not see the placement of the buttons on the back of the WP-DC2.

I did ask Canon and it took only 2 days to get a reply.

I guess now I have to convince my wife the camera sucks:D and the A540 is better for her:wink:

I just found this link, look what it says about the WP-DC2 for A530/A540

http://google-cnet.com.com/4014-6510_9-31891504.html

I went out and got the A540 So now I have to convince my wife that she needs a Waterproof housing for it:D Even though she is not Scuba Certified yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom