Canon 7d Under the Ice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OnePingOnly

Registered
Reaction score
First time posting here and thought I'd share our latest video!

My brother and I just managed to sneak a final couple of dives in at the Lighthouse point in Tobermory, Ontario before complete ice-out.

This short video was shot using a Canon 7d in an Aquatica housing, Tokina 10-17 and L&M HID lights all on an XIT404 tripod backet. The topside shots were from a Canon XF300. The HID's are going to be repaced by 3 SOLA 1200's or a pair of 4000's when they are introduced later in the year.

http://youtu.be/pPOJ_n4jyxg?hd=1

Enjoy,

Alan

First time posting here and thought I'd share our latest video!

My brother and I just managed to sneak a final couple of dives in at the Lighthouse point in Tobermory, Ontario before complete ice-out.

This short video was shot using a Canon 7d in an Aquatica housing, Tokina 10-17 and L&M HID lights all on an XIT404 tripod backet. The topside shots were from a Canon XF300. The HID's are going to be repaced by 3 SOLA 1200's or a pair of 4000's when they are introduced later in the year.

YouTube - David Gibbins diving under the ice in Tobermory, Ontario

Enjoy,

Alan

OK, now I'm jealous...

Excellent videography!

Thanks for the feedback lowvis! It was our last opportunity to get under the ice before it had completely broken up and melted. A very memorable dive, albeit very cold but now looking forward to returning in a few weeks to get some deeper wreck footage. I'll post that here aswell.

Thanks again,

Alan

That was cool! Thanks for sharing :)

Good music choice to go with it too.

I could SO see myself inverted and spidering from one ice floe to another...

If you want to do this yourself, get two of these: Ice Awls cut the line in the middle of one pair of ice awls and tie one awl to each wrist pouch. One pouch on each wrist works way better than a connected pair of awls. Save the second set of awls as spares.

I really enjoy this type of video, got me right into your dive.

Thanks.

Beautiful Video. I have done that dive a dozen times but never in the winter. Now I have to.

For those interested, I have attached a few pics of the rig used on this particular dive.

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

Thanks again for all of the feedback!

Alan

I dove off that point in august. We were supposed to go out into the bay, but it was rough even the chichimon was canceled.

Back
Top Bottom