Canon 5D Mk II Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BILLB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had a new toy. My brand new Canon 5D MK II SLR and video camera and housing (Ikelite). I had Nick and his cast, all from Wreck Valley.Com on hand to show their stuff.

Too bad that I had to post a waterdown version using a Flash Video upload. But, compared to my 12 year old Sony digital tape camcorder, this actually makes Dutch Springs look like a tropical resort (OK, maybe stretching this a bit).

The beauty is that I was able to use a 15MM fisheye lens and this is the real improvement over the standard brands of camcorder HD video machines. This was shot in SD (480) but even if I did it in HD I was not going to pay a WEB site to post an HD version Dutch Springs video.

The video is posted at my Shutterfly site:

http://proservicescuba.shutterfly.com/#n_21

The video is also posted on You Tube:

YouTube - Dutch Springs Canon 5D MK II

I guess at somepoint youll save up and get some lights? Looks pretty green and murky to me!

Nice video! The song you used is *hilarious*!!

I guess at somepoint youll save up and get some lights? Looks pretty green and murky to me!

I have twin 15 watt HID camera lights that I will have to custom mount to the housing.

I have the 5d SD well an can't decide if I want to spend the money on housing and lights. I shoot u/w now with a g10 and Fisheye housing and the Fisheye 1000 light and it offers ok light! Dilema

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom