Canon 50D Magic Lantern

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trigger-F

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I Just picked up a used Canon 50D and installed Magic Lantern (tested it several times, records fine; not RAW, just regular .mov H.264 mode, so far). I also plan on using it underwater too so was wondering if anyone knows an alternate way (custom function/shortcut) to turn on Liveview without pressing the print/liveview button on the left side of the camera? My housing (Sea & Sea MDX-40D) does not have a dedicated button for Liveview.

I can always turn on Liveview prior to placing the camera in the housing and through the ML liveview settings I can have it shut off after 5-10 seconds to preserve the battery but I don't find this ideal even though it allows me to take stills (pics) as well. I don't want to modify the housing either. Has anyone else out there experimented with this setup? My primary lenses are a Tokina 11-16mm and 60mm Canon with a 2.x teleconverter for macro.

I asked the same question on Wetpixel but got no responses. There's tons of topside video online (mostly RAW) but found very few underwater vid clips? That's odd. It seems underwater video is doable with this setup.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom