Cannon g15 setting advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azza2012

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I recently bought a g15 and fantasea housing and I'm trying to figure out settings.

My Setup is two itorch video pro 4s as they are what I had for my gopro Setup on tray with gopro on top of the housing via a cold shoe mount. I have no strobes.

What settings would you advise to do for two video light Setup instead of strobes?

For images? Depends on depth and water clarity but ISO 400, f2.8 and 1/125 is where I would try to start, if you can get iso down to 200 at the shutter speed or faster you should be pretty well off. Any faster shutter speed would be a bonus. I am not overly familiar with those lights tho, so this is a guess.

You may want to check out our free "Guides to Better UW Photography" for some ideas on getting started. The video lights are not going to give you very sharp of color saturated images, other than with very close up or macro. You really should budget for a strobe, as the high power of the instantaneous light they throw out works much better. For video you should have a good setup though.

Back
Top Bottom