Canister Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP4AIR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been looking at canister lights for the past week and reading with interest all the different opinions. I've found a light made by a company out of Florida called American Underwater Lighting. Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with this company?

AUL makes okay stuff. I would also look at Dive Rite, Stealth and Terkel (sp). If you have more money than you know what to do with, there's also Halcyon.

MD

I'm just planing to order the new MAL Lighting (www.mal-lighting.com) HLD canister light. A friend of mine already got the HID version of this light. Since I used Halcyon and Dive Rite lights before I can say that MAL produces the best quality I've ever seen.
HAi-Su

check out greenforce, hartenberger, JMD umbilical.
for a cheap option, though its a fairly dim torch check out the Robin Hood Watersports Umbilical.

If you havent decided yet, I bought a AUL light off ebay. I am very happy with it. Bulbs are cheap and common at walmart autozone etc, battery is easy to replace by a web order or thought a local battery shop. I have a 50w halogen bulb in mine and it is more light then I ever expected, for recerational purposes. The only down side is since mine is an older light canister its kindy big, not to the point i dont use it but you know its there when your not in the water.

Sylvester, I guess you won`t get a 50W HLX at your walmart. What you get is a normal 50W Halogen bulb. HLX is what AUL puts into new lights. It's a much better light than normal Halogen. :)

I bought an AUL video light setup 3 years ago. Great light for the money. Arnold the owner is very honest. I told him my needs and he talked me out of buying the more expensive HID lights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom