Canister for heat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thoughts of the Nanight canisters for heat. I like the profile.
I would strongly advise against importing a suit heater battery canister from Sweden. EO cords are a consumable item (along with switches and the battery itself). When you need to get this repaired or refurbished you're looking at a giant shipping pita. Along with very long wait times. Perhaps the importer in Maine is also a repair facility but you are much better off with something made in Canada or at worst made in USA.

Just for reference, pre-covid I had 10 week shipping times from Martin at Techme in Germany. Each way...

So nowadays you're looking at ~6+ months round trip to send this battery in for any kind of repair.

I would strongly advise against importing a suit heater battery canister from Sweden. EO cords are a consumable item (along with switches and the battery itself). When you need to get this repaired or refurbished you're looking at a giant shipping pita. Along with very long wait times. Perhaps the importer in Maine is also a repair facility but you are much better off with something made in Canada or at worst made in USA.

Just for reference, pre-covid I had 10 week shipping times from Martin at Techme in Germany. Each way...

So nowadays you're looking at ~6+ months round trip to send this battery in for any kind of repair.
I understand what you're saying. That said during this pandemic it is taking a considerable amount of time for anything to get done, doesn't matter where you order from.
I did purchase the Nanight can, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I understand what you're saying. That said during this pandemic it is taking a considerable amount of time for anything to get done, doesn't matter where you order from.
I did purchase the Nanight can, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.
I’m happy with the Nanight canister. Set the output to 12v and the heat stayed constant for a 70 minute dive in 6c water. Once out of the water I kept the heat on for another 15 minutes and still plenty of power.
Using a pair of SF Tech gloves and a Yellow Diving shirt with a consumption of about 80Wh.

I made extra 4s2p battery packs for my nanight light myself. Of course they tell you not to do this, voids warranty, etc. I made an Anderson powerpole adapter so I can also use them as USB chargers or for ham radio.

I also charge them with an RC car charger in my truck on the road. They tell you not to do that as well......

I bought an upgraded charge port from Salt Blue a few months ago, didn't take long. The shipping costs from Sweden definitely don't work.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom