Canister attachment location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dnhill

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for a new light prior to a week on a live aboard. Having reviewed the threads, there seems to be a preference in favor of a canister light over a UK light cannon. My question is: where is the canister attached?

dnhill

dnhill:
I am looking for a new light prior to a week on a live aboard. Having reviewed the threads, there seems to be a preference in favor of a canister light over a UK light cannon. My question is: where is the canister attached?

dnhill

Typically with a BP/Wings it goes on the waist strap, on the right side. Other styles exist of butt mounting to the plate, or side mounting to the plate, or even mounting it like a pony bottle to the tank. The waist strap is the prefered method IMHO.

If you don't have a BP/Wings, I have seen it somehow mounted to the front of the cumberbund on a jacket/back inflate BC. But not sure how they did it.

The canister light is secured on the right side of the harness (if you have a bp/wing/harness set up) and use an extra belt buckle to keep the canister secured against the bp.

If you don't have a harness I guess you could use a weight belt to fasten the canister around your waist.

Back
Top Bottom