Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
End of January. :D Staying Fiesta Americanna Grand Coral Beach. Need PADI instructor that can quickly certify AOW & Rescue. :14: Don't want to spend whole trip in class doing knowledge reviews. :no Would like time with family and sightseeing the country side. :coffee: Any suggestions is appreciated. Money not the issue, time is.

End of January. :D Staying Fiesta Americanna Grand Coral Beach. Need PADI instructor that can quickly certify AOW & Rescue. :14: Don't want to spend whole trip in class doing knowledge reviews. :no Would like time with family and sightseeing the country side. :coffee: Any suggestions is appreciated. Money not the issue, time is.

I would be more concerned with the quality the instruction versus the speed of certification. Why don't you do the checkouts in Texas before you leave. There has got to be some warm places in Texas to do checkouts.

By doing so you can search for quality instruction versus speed of certification and have even more time with your family in Cancun.

If you walked around with a big wad of cash I'm sure you could buy your AOW and Rescue, just like buying an MBA or college degree. But the thing is, this is LIFE or DEATH. Do you really want the FASTEST certification? Or do you want to actually learn something that WILL keep you and your buddy alive when the stuff hits the fan?

Rescue would be a strange class to do on a vacation, I would not recommend it.

PADI now has eLearning so you can do all the bookwork ahead of time and do the dives while on vacation.

i heard open heart surgery is a pretty cool field. anyone know a place where i can get a diploma in a couple of weeks? money is not an issue. :rofl3:

While it would be practical to do you’re AOW on vacation, it will still take 2 days of your vacation. I would consider getting your certs at home and spend your vacation diving and having fun.

okay, on a more serious note i see no problem with getting your AOW while on vacation. it's basically just going on a few "special" dives anyway. the rescue is quite a different matter and would be a waste when at a nice dive destination because it cuts into your dive/vacation time. of course, many do not have the option to dive at home.

I agree with Doc and the others. Rescue needs more time. AOW is completely doable and you're going to dive anyway. Might as well get something out of it.

Check with Ben@mayanaquadive.com. He certifies both PADI and SSI. Fast boats, great staff and personal service. I've dove with him three years now, and he's got a great operation! You won't be disappointed.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom