Cancun Warnings...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
These warnings are ridiculous...

I was downtown in a streetside resturaunt when the "worst" of the protesters past by, there were about 200 people, and a couple of police cars, but by the time I had finished my pizza, it was like nothing had happened. it didnt even disrupt traffic.

You are more likely to have problems at a Fourth of July parade in Cheeseville Wisconsin than from this.

This kind of sensationalism really pisses me off. The worst is when a hurricane appears within 500 miles of Cancun, and CNN drag out library footage of Hurricane Gilbert that hit Cancun in 1988. It shows cars rolling around and a couple of trees falling over, while in truth we are sitting here in bright sunshine diving in crystal clear flat calm conditions.

My advice, IGNORE THIS CRAP.

Cancun is like Miami South beach with half the number of people and no guns or drugs.

cancun mark:
These warnings are ridiculous...

ICancun is like Miami South beach with half the number of people and no guns or drugs.[/B]

I don't know Mark. I'd bail if I were you. It's close to Belize too, so I'm packing up. ....NOT...haha.

I can hear the sound of hotel prices falling as we speak. Maybe this is good thing for those of us who were considering going there soon. No crowd at Coco Bongo. Empty beaches.

Hmmm...

Interesting....quite interesting.....

mccabejc:
I can hear the sound of hotel prices falling as we speak. Maybe this is good thing for those of us who were considering going there soon. No crowd at Coco Bongo. Empty beaches.

Nah, we wouldn't want that. If Cancun business suffers, then when we go back to enjoy it, we'll find it run down. Free Lunches are still a myth.

Mark, sorry if my pst upset you, and thanks for letting us know things are not that bad there.

DandyDon:
Nah, we wouldn't want that. If Cancun business suffers, then when we go back to enjoy it, we'll find it run down. Free Lunches are still a myth.

Mark, sorry if my pst upset you, and thanks for letting us know things are not that bad there.

You didnt upset me Don, it is the sensationalism of the Media and the paranoia of the State department that rips my nightie.

You wear a nightie? No wonder you are challenged. --*smiling*--

I have to agree with Cancun Mark on this one. As a Cancun veteran, I am not concerned about the warning at all. If the State Department is worried about crowds and violence they would be better off warning people to stay away from the malls in the US during prime Christmas shopping days!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom