Cancun Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thorschosen

Registered
Reaction score
Here's a video from a night dive I did just off Isla Mujeres outside Cancun last week. Because I usually only dive a couple times a year on vacation this was only my 10th dive but I'd have to say it was my favorite so far because of all the neat things I got to see. We even turned off the lights for about 10 minutes and just swam in the glowing neon plankton, which was really cool but not bright enough to show up on the Gopro Hero2. I just used the lights the dive service provided and mounted them to my SRP two handle tray for the dive. The lights couldn't be focused or spread for more even lighting but I could see everything perfectly. It wasn't until I checked my video after the dive that I saw quite a bit of my video was washed out by the brightness of the lights. But I couldn't expect a lot more when using rented lights and I was still really happy with the dive and the camera performance overall. The visibility was pretty low, maybe 15 to 20ft but what a great dive. I'm also attaching the link for the warm up dive I did at dusk before it was dark.

Cancun Night Dive - YouTube

Cancun Twilight Dive - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom