Cancun Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texangal

Reaction score
I couldn't find a lot of new reviews. Can anyone comment on the Cancun dive ops? I found some recent or dated info. on Solo Buceo, Aquaworld, ScubaCancun and Manta. What are the pros/cons here?

I found a high turnover rate of personnel at dive ops in Cancun. Especially at the larger shops. There is also a lot of freelance work going on. I can recommend a few freelance instructors (Message me if you want that info) but if you are looking for an actual dive op . . . Aquaworld is certainly the biggest and is all about numbers. They have a set schedule and operation and if you want to vary it, they either cannot accommodate you or you pay through the nose for it. If you want a more personalized service and no cattle boats you may want to select a more family owned type of shop. I have heard nothing but good things about Manta but I was quoted prices my last trip that I thought was a little steep. Solo Buceo is a smaller op and know their limitations. What they do, they do well. They'll tell you up front if there is something you want that they cannot handle. They would rather you go elsewhere than take your money and not be happy. I have not used them because of that but they seemed very professional, polite and friendly and I have talked with people who have used them and they were pleased with the service they received. You can't go wrong with Scuba Cancun either. They are a bigger operation but still try and fit your needs for training, particular dive sites or tight schedules. There is also Lemon Divers, Nautilus and personaldiving.com. There are others but the above are the more established names.
A friend of mine was an instructor in Cancun but is now in Cozumel if you need info there lete me know. And if you take the ferry across to Isla Mujeres, I also recommend Coral Scuba. When are you travelling. Different dive sites are better or worse depending on the time of year. What are your plans - training or simply diving, etc?

I dove with scubacancun this past January and they were a great operation. Solobeauce isn't bad but their boats are smaller and they take more risks with new divers.

Aquaworld will pack way too many people on one boat.

I would say your best bet is Scuba Cancun.

Scott
Montreal Canada

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom