Cancun dive operations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To respond to Spratman:

This is definately not a dump on Maya Aqua or the CD, if you read my other posts you will see they are all positive regarding this situation. But to say he was not suspended during his employment with Maya Aqua is confusing, Because when he was recruiting me, his website specifically linked to yours, and my friend how attended his course, said they dove with you.

I feel left slighted, not by MAYAAQUA, and infact I apologize if this thread seems that way, but please do not insult my intelligence to say the CD was not involved with MAD prior to his suspension. Maybe the situation has now changed. But for the record, I have heard nothing but positive and glowing remarks on MAD, and yes I recommend them. So again my apologise to MayAqua if this thread took a negative turn. safe diving

please just to clarify this situation,
myself or m.a.d has zero affliation with eric zwanenberg (the suspended cd), he just puts his students on our boat, we train them from adv to divemaster then he takes them from dm to inst.
all the students have been very happy and satisfied with our end of the deal (i know a few felow sb dived with the interns) but eric is a con artist, he consistanly breaches padi standards but more than anything he treats his students like dogs! m.a.d is not like this!
eric is currently doing a cross over to ssi as hes suspended from padi but still hes going to pull the same bs with ssi interns.
sad end to the story that a senoir member in the diving industry no longer cares of anything but $$$$ but as we all know "what goes around, comes around"
oh yeah, eric owes m.a.d over $4k, will we see it??? no so please interns out there dont pay a $$$$!

Thanks, Ben, for clearing that up. It was my mistake from you talking about IDC stuff before.

To DWNunder,

My apologies to you! I've been down this road more than once with others. Sorry, just sticking up for my bud.

Just to clarify, I do not work for MAD. I just encourage people to dive with them because they are a top notch operation. Ben certified me back in '04 and has taught my two youngest to dive. I know what divers are looking for in an op and you'll get it with Ben. I have just been helping him promote his business. All his happy customers are proof of his abilities.

Many people have asked me about it before, even thinking that Ben and I were the same person. I'm a Yank and he's a Brit....nuff said! :D

To Ben and Spratman,

Some things were clarified and the truth is I was wrong with even bringing this up on this board, I have to say the team at maya, came right up and clarified things, class act guys.. If there is an award for best customer service and concern for your clients then you have my vote.

I have decided to go to MayaAqua and complete my dive training with you guys, that is of course if you will take me..

safe diving

please just to clarify this situation,
myself or m.a.d has zero affliation with eric zwanenberg (the suspended cd), he just puts his students on our boat, we train them from adv to divemaster then he takes them from dm to inst.
all the students have been very happy and satisfied with our end of the deal (i know a few felow sb dived with the interns) but eric is a con artist, he consistanly breaches padi standards but more than anything he treats his students like dogs! m.a.d is not like this!
eric is currently doing a cross over to ssi as hes suspended from padi but still hes going to pull the same bs with ssi interns.
sad end to the story that a senoir member in the diving industry no longer cares of anything but $$$$ but as we all know "what goes around, comes around"
oh yeah, eric owes m.a.d over $4k, will we see it??? no so please interns out there dont pay a $$$$!
Hi, I know its a bit late but just for the people who read this stuff from now onward.

I did a lot of dives with Mayan Aqua Dive before starting the IDC with Eric and I can tell you Ben is completely right. The only 2 things that made it possible for us to get through the experience was the comradeship between the students and the fact that most of the time we were dealing with m.a.d. and not eric. Mayanaqua is a good operation and we learned a lot from them.

Safe diving Ben. Tell Carla, Ulisses etc. that I said 'Hi'.

ben - i'm headed your way in august and will email ya separately.

Back
Top Bottom