Cancun dive operations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi George,

Give Ben with Mayan Aqua Dive a call. He owns a great op down there and can cater to whatever you'd like to do. Great reefs around Cancun and abundant marine life. They have pickup and delivery to your hotel, a fast boat and excellent staff.

I'd suggest customizing a dive package with him, because you'll probably make out better price wise. In my opinion, he has the best dive op in Cancun. Many happy customers, too!

You'll arrive as a customer and leave as a friend. Drop him a line at ben@mayanaquadive.com. He'll treat you right!

I'll throw my hat in for Ben at Mayan Aqua Dive, had a great trip with him in March, (trip report). Drop Ben an e-mail or PM from here and he'll respond, he had great communication with me for my trip. Also check out the Mexico forum for more discussion about Mexico destinations and operations.

I third that recommendation for Mayan Aqua Dive. Just dove with them 5/4 thru 5/9 small groups hell went out my last day as a private charter because no one else was scheduled very flexible on dive sites to make you happy. Just drop Ben an email and let him know what your looking at doing and he'll get back with you.

Doesn't Maya Aqua Dive use a suspended Course director as part of their staff, I was supposed to take a course with them and they did not tell me the course director had been suspended until I got to Cancun..

Don't see a problem.....

Can he certify other students while on suspension, and how bout the black eye they give the company...and Why was he suspended...If a company is willing to keep someone on that is suspended (must be for a good reason for PADI to do it) then it reflects a bunch on the companies ethic....would you say

Don't see a problem.....

Can he certify other students while on suspension, and how bout the black eye they give the company...and Why was he suspended...If a company is willing to keep someone on that is suspended (must be for a good reason for PADI to do it) then it reflects a bunch on the companies ethic....would you say

I would agree with your premise. However, I seriously doubt that he was suspended during the employ of Mayan Aqua Dive. He may be in the processes of appealing the suspension. I know some of the dive ops down there get pretty catty if you are bailing from the op. They are not beyond preventing you from working for another op in the same area.

Also, with the lack of detail in your profile (Nothing) and the number of posts, I question the motives of your remarks.

Less see if we can get some clarification, though, instead of throwing a disparaging image on the op. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom