Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My trip to Anthony's Key came off without a hitch. So glad I decided to go....spent a week in paradise
Likewise. Terri & I had a great time with you and you know who. And our second week in West End was fabulous. We really hated having to come home it was so nice. And yes, we really needed that getaway. Great diving, great fun, great friends.

BTW, in keeping with the topic of this thread, our trip was supposed to be with the Invasion last June and you know how that turned out. We rescheduled for the last week of April/1st week of May this year with the hopes we would get to go. And since airline prices had dropped from the time we originally booked until we rescheduled, we were able to upgrade from economy to business for just $41.00 for both of us so we took advantage of that. It was great.

So, just got an email today from AirCanada indicating that, now almost a year since our cancelled trip to Curacao, they are refunding 100% of tickets. Checked with booking agent, and it seems they may be processing a 100% refund!

Our Tubbataha liveaboard from May 2020 which was postponed to 2021 has now been rescheduled for 2023. Tried 2022 at first but all spots were already taken by others rescheduling. Somehow I think 2023 is a safer bet.

Our Tubbataha liveaboard from May 2020 which was postponed to 2021 has now been rescheduled for 2023. Tried 2022 at first but all spots were already taken by others rescheduling. Somehow I think 2023 is a safer bet.
You have better chance for 2023 than 2022 in Philippines as long as the operator is still around!

Not so much a "canceled trip" post, but a post to encourage everyone that diving (especially now) is VERY possible if you pick the right spot in countries with agreeable entry requirements. We traveled to Bonaire right before the pandemic (lucky), got a week in on St Thomas back in July 2020 and did a liveaboard in December in Turks and Caicos...and we're headed to Roatan this July! It simply required finding where the airlines were flying and entry requirements we could meet. Go! Have fun! You deserve it! :)

Used Deep Blue Adventures(Swanton Ohio) tour agent for Egypt live aboard trip. Live aboard was fine to reschedule whenever but tour agent decided in April 2020 they were going April 2021 hell or high water without asking participants opinion. And despite claiming "our safety is key". So travel now when covid is bad or lose all your money. This includes 2 domestic air flights that the airline would voucher for other dates but Deep Blue won't even let us have those.
UPDATE: They refused to provide the full refund or voucher the domestic airline they booked me on was offering for covid cancellations. Instead, they offered me $170 to agree to not sue them about ~$4000 trip I have had no refunds on and to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement to even get that money. No thanks, court it is.

You have better chance for 2023 than 2022 in Philippines as long as the operator is still around!

My LDS is saying that our Dec 2021 Atlantis trip is on, we will see..

My July 21, 2020 trip to Guadalupe, Mexico on Nautilus Belle Amie has been rescheduled to October 30, 2021 without any additional charge.

It turns out the Mexico border will still be closed until July 21st. So my trip has been rescheduled to October 30, 2021.

Since Mexico would still close Guadalupe in 2021, this trip had been rescheduled for the second time to September 2022.

My August 2021 trip to Sangalaki, Indonesia with White Manta has been rescheduled to August 2022 without any problem.

Since my August 2021 is now open and Mexico government changed their mind to open Guadalupe in 2021, I rescheduled the Guadalupe trip for the third time to August 11-16, 2021 at no charge. Nautilus liveaboard even gave me 5% repeater discount and used my $245 credit that I have from my previous trip to reduce my final balance for this trip.

I had at trip booked (back in early 2019 I believe) through a California dive shop ,and fully paid for well before the pandemic, on the Blue Manta to Ring-of-Fire Indonesia , for Nov 2020 . It was postponed till Nov 2021 and now we have been told we have to wait till August 1 2021 to see if trip is a go.(The date to see if trip is a go had been moved from June 1 to June 15 and now is August). It is getting uncomfortably close to arrange flights. No cancellation insurance at this point will cover a cancellation, unless perhaps I had bought cancel for any reason back in 2019. Anyone else dealing with this predicament?

I had at trip booked back in early 2019 I believe through a California dive shop ,and fully paid for well before the pandemic, on the Blue Manta to Ring-of-Fire Indonesia , for Nov 2020 . It was postponed till Nov 2021 and now we have been told we have to wait till August 1 2021 to see if trip is a go.That date to see if trip us a go has been moved from June 1 to June 15 and now till August. It is getting uncomfortably close to arrange flights. No cancellation insurance at this point will cover a cancellation, unless perhaps I had bought cancel for any reason back in 2019. Anyone else dealing with this predicament?

I have been watching the development in Indonesia and Thailand over last few months.

Phuket(Thailand) Island, not the rest of the country, is scheduled to open to tourism on 1st Jul 2021. Fully vaccinated person have to stay on the island for the first 14 days before being allowed to move to other provinces(not yet confirmed).

The best you can hope for Indonesia is Bali later this yr but don't count on it. As the vaccination program is not moving fast enough because of severe shortage.
If you are going to book the flight then make sure you get free cancellation and full refund.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom