Canary Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wcosue

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking about a dive vacation to the Canary Islands and am looking for some basic information from anyone who has been there. When is the best time of the year to dive - May-June or Nov-Dec? Does one island have better diving than another? Is there an advantage to dive one island for a couple of days and then another island for another couple of days? What dive shop(s) would anyone recommend? Any practical advise would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Weather will be better around June, but it may be possible to dive all year round.
The islands are different, so to chose an island you should say more about what kind of dives you prefer.
El Hierro is probably the one with the best life and some nice underwater landscapes. I'd recommend Benthos Buceo El Hierro - Página de inicio Website in Spanish, but go to "Contacto" and give them a shout.

I have also enjoyed Lanzarote. Mostly shore dives there. Try to dive both the south and north sides of the island.

In Gran Canaria there are some big wrecks near its capital. But it's not the touristic area. When I dived there I was the only tourist on the boat, all others were locals. The south is more touristic, did shore dives there and there's nice life.

La Palma has some interesting spots. Mostly shore dives as well although a centre sometimes has a boat in operation.

Tenerife is ok, but not the best among these islands, although I don't remember much and only did 3 dives. I remember barren landscapes...

Hi,

I would recommend Lanzarote for diving. It's a beautiful island, and the dives are amazing. If you are interested in diving with a small and friendly dive center i would highly recommend Aquasport Diving. The dive center is located in the center of Puerto del carmen, and it is just a few minutes from most of the dive sites. Here is the website AQUASPORT DIVING | Dive into Happiness.

I dived Lanzarote in October and it was really good IMO plenty of rays and several angel sharks. I dived with Manta Diving and would not hesitate to dive with them again.

I just dove with Dawn Divers located in the H10 resort at Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. Thomas was awesome with arranging personalised dives. They gave 1 on 1 guided shore dives. To be clear they were not the typical dive master safety net dives. They expect you to dive within your ability and are not there to babysit you if that isn't what you want. The fish and octopi are plentiful. There was no coral and the water is surprisingly cold 21Celsius. Sponges were tiny, few and far between.

Hi everybody!!

i writte from Ocean Dreams Tenerife... a Dive Center in the south of Tenerife. I can tell you that here the diving is good all the year. Now on December, January and february we have high season, and for example now is high season of angelsharks, so beautifull animals.

We use to have the water between 20 and 25 ºC. In summer is 25 ºC and now in december is 21 ºC. All the year (except storms) we have medium 25 meters of visibility, and what can you see here? Different kinds of stingrays, turtles, angelsharks, trompet fishes, or dolphins!! We have a few dives plenty of them!! :wink:

Really here is nice divings and dive use to be for every level. Majority of them are between 18 and 25 meters, a few one are deep dives (around 32 meters), and anothers caves fo high leves, but so beautifull...

Fo any question don´t hesitate to usk us at oceandreamstenerife@gmail.com or call to (+0034) 922 752 362. We´ll pleased of attend you!
You can visit us at www.oceandreamstenerife.com or https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ocean-Dreams-Tenerife/298345400291331?fref=ts

Good Bubbles from Tenerife!! :D

Back
Top Bottom