Canadians get the gold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a Canadian, you can well imagine the outrage I felt when the judging occurred on Monday. "We was robbed I tell ya"... I am very please with the actions taken by the Skating Federation, and the Olympics.

Already the French judge has been punished. Now I'm waiting for the side that did the "coercion" to also be punished (I have a feeling that won't happen, but I am hopeful)

As a proud Canadian and a crusader for fairness and justice I was extremely happy with the Gold going where it belonged.
However right from the get go I felt uncomfortable with the Integrety of the Russian skaters knowing the Canadians were cheated and not doing the honorable thing and giving the Gold up. I think that would have done alot more for them in the future then holding on to what rightfully THEY KNEW they did not win! Who do you think Nike, Reebok, Wheaties, and the rest of the Icon giants will want to endorse???????????:D

Well apart from scuba, I do enjoy the winter O's and I have to say (as a Brit) that the decision taken was the right one. Keep going Canada!!!

PS Fancy your chances on the Skeleton Bob?? LOL

If was nice to see everything set right.

I don’t think the Russian skaters were involved. They knew they didn’t disserve it, but what do you do when the judges think you won. They didn’t have time to know what happened. They were screwed and they knew it.

The Russians KNEW they had not put on a gold medal performance, yet accepted it nonetheless. The honourable thing to do would have been to refuse to accept it. Or ask for the inquiry THEMSELVES.

Instead they kept insisting they had earned it over the Canadians.

How honourable is that?

Oh Canada!!!! :moose:

~SubMariner~

[A Canuck in The Deep South]

The smile on the face of the Canadian gal made it a lot better. The other couple though had the most fake and forced act I have seen in a long time. The Russian judge needs to be punished also. Personally I think it should be a lifetime ban!

Later, Hawk.

SubMariner, my guess is that you are paying more attention to the Olympics than I.

I am making two assumptions that I have not attempted to research
1. There is an encyclopedia of rules for skaters to follow (kind of like the IRS codes).
2. You can put on a better presentation, violating the rules and not win.

I do have some questions,

Did the Russian skaters (not the gov. or coaches) ever insist that they keep the gold? If they did I missed it on TV. If they insisted then they SUCK.

What do they plan on doing with the judge(s) and the people who pressured them?

If I am wrong, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom