http://www.diveheart.org/

Canadian seal pup slaughter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scubaroo:
Hey I wasn't kidding.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/04/30/australia.koalas.reut/

Might be worth pointing out that they're an introduced species on the island that they're going to be culled on, previous sterilisation and relocation attempts have met with little success, and that a population explosion means that they are now starving and destroying the ecosystem there at the same time.
I was! :D Just don't mention this to my daughter - I'm sure she wouldn't understand!

Scubakevdm:
Are there any seal clubbing trips offered? Can you whallop one on scuba, or is it forbidden? Hey... wanna hear a joke? A baby seal walks into a club....
:smash: :D :D

oh..I need to lay down..my side....it hurts

Scubaroo:
Focus on Australia - we're about to start culling cute cuddly Koalas :)
I was hoping common sense would finally sway the aussie legislature. Culling is much better from a humanitarian slant also, you just have to have the huevos to do the dirty work.

'Course they could just introduce something that eats Koalas? Something DOES eat them, right? The tactic's working just fine with elks in Yellowstone... the new wolf packs are doing all sorts of ecological good. Even the flipping trees are showing improvements.

Boogie711:
I'm about to shed a tear here... so many cute little Junk Science debunkers, and I didn't even have to jump in first!

I'm touched.

Torbay - with respect, you're being seriously led astray here. The seal cull is a viable, environmentally responsible industry.

If we could only manage our own populations similarly perhaps we could loosen the screws of environmental pressure even more seeing as human overpopulation is the primary cause of almost every environmental issue we have.

Off to buy a baseball bat and write Paul Martin with the idea.

d33ps1x:
If we could only manage our own populations similarly perhaps we could loosen the screws of environmental pressure even more seeing as human overpopulation is the primary cause of almost every environmental issue we have.

Hey.....do you think we may be able to pick and choose which people get off-ed......I got short list...:D

Are we talking about cancelling the "Great Saskatchewan Seal Hunt"

Somebody alert Rick Mercer! :eyebrow:

d33ps1x:

Excellent plan!! We got so many rules, laws, and regs- natural selection just isn't what it used to be! The human gene pool has suffered considerablly from it! :maniac: :flame: :bigun2: :whack:

Reduction in human populations is already starting in industrialized nations. Italy already reports more deaths than births, and most of Europe should show a net loss of 90 million by 2050. The U.S. should get to a zero-sum figure around that time, although immigration from the south keeps pushing back that figure. The other America's, India, and Africa are still breeding away like their lives depended on it. Maybe the Earth's crust in those areas will collapse under all that extra weight...

As those developing countries very quickly become industrialized thanks to the benefits of globalization, I've seen some studies that report the human population as a whole will start to decrease by as soon as 2050.

So put away your baseball bat D33ps1x. If you want to help the environment, go shopping.

This thread died over two years ago, may it rest in peace.
If y'all want to start another one on a current event, go for it...
But this one's over, done with and closed :)
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom