Canadian diver and buddy rescued near Apo Island, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

exactly or abort

Over the last few years of reading this forum, it seems that happens more over there in that general area than anywhere else. Just strong currents?

That’s strange. I was thinking that I’ve read many more posts about this happening in Florida than anywhere else in the world.

Just saw this on the evening news.

Ontario diver rescued in Philippines after drifting 24km over nine hours at sea

The Canadian diver deployed his SMB and the boat didn’t see it. Really makes one consider a loud Dive Alert noise maker and PLB.

The divers said he saw the boat in the distance. Assuming the sun still up, I wonder if a mirror would be helpful in reflecting the sunlight to the boat. I carry a mirror & PLB1, besides DSMB, DiveAlert and flashlight.

The divers said he saw the boat in the distance. Assuming the sun still up, I wonder if a mirror would be helpful in reflecting the sunlight to the boat. I carry a mirror & PLB1, besides DSMB, DiveAlert and flashlight.

@Dan_T , you are definitely well-prepared! :thumb:

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom