Can you dive wet in Iceland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand they want some proof but shouldn’t some pictures be ok?
I can’t imagine many people have a drysuit card. Almost everyone I know dives dry but nobody has a card for it.
What’s next needing a card to be able to dive with a BP/W or to use a smb?

I would dive dry in 30 degree of water, if I wouldn't die of a heat stroke before on land, while putting the dry suit on.

Dry suit diving is the best.
And <10 degree it's a safety issue when not using proper isolation (dry suit).

I had a cave student, so certified full cave, so diving a drysuit who was there on a businesstrip. She was refused on that easy recreational overrated and overexpensive sportsdive because she did not have a drysuit cert. She contacted me because 10 signed drysuitdives by an instructor are also enough. But because in here logbook only cave was mentioned, and we had pictures of already caves and a trip to malta in drysuit, they still wanted to SELL a drysuit course. I answer the email with that we had done over 30 dives in drysuit together, that I am instructor, that you can find all pictures on that website. But it was that they still wanted a cert.
I really cannot agree with such selfmade rules if a diver can proof on pictures and technical certs that they have drysuit experience (and the funny detail: SHE CAME WITH HER OWN DRYSUIT). This has nothing to do anymore with safety then. Was 2 years ago, so maybe changed now. Don't know what divecenter.

Diving in a wetsuit in this cold water could be done for about half an hour. But it limits your fun and divetime and you must be used to dive such cold water in a wetsuit. Even is you dive normally in 5 degrees C water, the 2 degrees is way much colder. So I understand why people need a drysuit to do this dive.
Drysuitcertification is not required to do any techdiving. So most technical divers here don't have a drysuit cert, but all dive in a drysuit.

I got mine when buying my first drysuit, never saw any instructor, but I have a drysuit cert. LOL.

I would dive dry in 30 degree of water, if I wouldn't die of a heat stroke before on land, while putting the dry suit on.

Dry suit diving is the best.
And <10 degree it's a safety issue when not using proper isolation (dry suit).

I dive dry when the air temp is over 85F and high humidity all the time. You get all suited up, dunk yourself in the water, getting hair wet really helps, then quickly get geared up, and in the water to dive. I’m wearing heavy undies for 40-50F water with those air temps. Ugh, but that’s the US Midwest for you.

I did OW/drysuit at the same time so I do have a drysuit cert.

On boat dives I take a small pail on a lanyard and pour water over my head after I have suited up before I put the rest of my gear on.

On boat dives I take a small pail on a lanyard and pour water over my head after I have suited up before I put the rest of my gear on.
Assemble gear, suit up, jump in the water to get throughly wet, get up to finish gearing up.

The best solution for gearing up in a drysuit when it's warm outside while the water temp more or less requires a drysuit. The evaporation of the water on the outside of your DS keeps you reasonably cool.

Assemble gear, suit up, jump in the water to get throughly wet, get up to finish gearing up.

The best solution for gearing up in a drysuit when it's warm outside while the water temp more or less requires a drysuit. The evaporation of the water on the outside of your DS keeps you reasonably cool.
Not a good idea while the boat is still moving.:wink:

You do it as soon as the ladder is dropped. If you’re in a RIB, I don’t have experience with that.

No hot drops on the Great Lakes.

If it's a hot drop, you do that stuff before boarding. If the boat is moving while dropping, you better be suited up and geared up way before the drop.

Should be covered in the briefing.

EDIT: Are anyone boarding a small boat without being fully suited up? A DS with a closed zipper is a lot better than a typical PFD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom