Can you buy cases for Dive Knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2ndjetty

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently found another knife while on a dive (this one had been underwater quite a while). So far these just sit in a drawer, but I would like to pick up cases so that I can actually use them diving.

Does anyone know of any retailers that would sell just the case for a knife? I don't like buying from the internet, but this might have to be an exception.

One knife is a Beuchat Maximo and the other is an unmarked 420 Stainless steal with a blunt tip. Thanks for any help.

Since knives are a rather low priced item versus the normal cost of SCUBA gear, I doubt that manufacturers would sell just the sheathes for their knives. In the grand scheme of things, they would be better off selling complete replacements for lost knives, etc. as most seperated SCUBA knife sets involve the diver retaining the sheath while the knife goes to Davy Jones's Locker.

Call the mfg. I have bought replacement knives without the scabbard and would guess that you could find a scabbard as well.

Other wise just make one from 2" webbing. A normal sewing machine will not sew through it so an industrial on is needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom