Can the Vyper Novo button boot be used as is on Vyper Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going through my gear and found that the button boot on my Vyper Air was split and falling off. Can't seem to find any available for the Vyper Air but plenty for the Vyper Novo.

Is the one for the Novo interchangeable for use on the Air?

I came across your question and found that no body has responded to it yet. Here is some info in case you or anyone else needs it:

No, the diameter of the Vyper Novo computer's body is larger than the diameter of the Vyper air, so the boot Vyper Novo will not work. The Vyper Novo boot is also designed differently...it sits atop the and around the bezel of the computer, whereas the boot for the Vyper Air cups the computer from below with the button flaps extending over the top.

What will work with the Vyper Air is the boot from a Suunto Helo2 or a Suunto Vytec (though the Vytec boot will only cover the bottom two and the button on the right as it is a 3-button computer like the Vyper, Zoop, and Gekko).

Suunto makes/made a bungee mount for their older puck style computers that has the button covers/flaps that is still available from various sources...here's one:

Suunto bungee mount

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom