Can Mexico compete with Malaysia and/or Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

landlocked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am curently trying to convince my dive buddy to do a Mexico/Belieze dive trip. She is set on going back to Malaysia and possibly Thailand. My thinking is that we can do two or three short hops south for the same money as taking a long flight to Asia. So, the question is, does the diving in Mexico and or Belieze compare to the diving in Malaysia? (She is also into exotic.) She thinks not. Any opinions and or knowledge? :huh:

thanks

Mexico can compete as far as the economy goes, but that's it.
No competition in the diving question, you could find more species of fish, coral, and pelagics in Thailand, and Malaysia. Caymaniac :boom:

thailand and malaysia are big places and so is mx. if mx means cozumel to you i'd say it can compete with some of the land based thai diving. diving around koh samui or koh tau is not that great from my experience. i'd say cozumel compares. however, the overall vacation experience in thailand is much more interesting than hanging out in cozumel with the cruise ship crowd. and thailand is dirt cheap except for the flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom