Question Can I use my Nitrox regulator for non-Nitrox dives with no problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long is your short hose? This sounds like the configuration I'm considering for similar reasons. I'm looking into this Miflex 28" Dual Swivel Hose but think it may be too long to go directly to my 2nd stage on the left side.

9” and 12” are both too short. 15” is a bit too long but it gives me freedom to turn my head I don’t have with the other two sizes.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question... I tried looking this answer up but found threads on a similar topic ending in massive debates, with no particular straight answer.

I'm looking to purchase the Apeks XTX40 / DST for my new sidemount, 1 Standard (black) and 1 Nitrox (green) version: Apeks XTX40 - Nitrox

I like the color-coding of my left vs right set, as well as the potential ability (in the future) to have a dedicated set for EAN40+ if I need. For the foreseeable future, I will only be diving air and up to a maximum of EAN40.

1) Can I use this Nitrox regulator alongside my standard/non-O2-clean version on this air with no problem?
2) Or are there additional things to consider (e.g. lubricants, different o-rings, etc)?
3) After diving with air and/or EAN40, I will just need to get the Nitrox version re-cleaned to be able to go past EAN40, correct?

Bonus question for sidemounters: does anyone ever go with 1 air tank and 1 EAN(x) tank?
Your decision to get both standard regs is a smart choice.
To answer the bonus question, you wont run into a situation that you would need to plan on diving two different mixes. But i have had some leftover nitrox in a tank that I didn’t want to waste so i dove it paired with air on my other side. This is perfectly safe as long as you adhere to the leaner mix no deco limit and the richer mix max operating depth. So for example, if you have air in one cylinder and ean 36 in the other, set your computer to air (or use air tables) but do not dive deeper than the mod of the ean 36 (98 feet).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom