can i use a SCBA to fill my SCUBA tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soooo, the short version is if you want Grade E air, then you really need a compressor/filter stack assembly that's designed as a whole to produce that grade.

Nonsense. Grade E is ridiculously easy to attain and is pretty much done with stock filters that come with the compressor.

Most compressors that meet Grade E also meet the pseudo-standards of ANDI's O.C.A. and the NAUI's "oxygen clean".

Portable machines with stock filtration may produce Grade E initially. However, they cannot produce it throughout the cartridge life. Examples are the Bauer triplex and the filtration on the Coltri MCH-6.

Your avatar is from an early movie about moonshine runners and that guy played one of the detectives in "Cold Case".

Portable machines with stock filtration may produce Grade E initially. However, they cannot produce it throughout the cartridge life. Examples are the Bauer triplex and the filtration on the Coltri MCH-6.

Possibly. I don't see too many, if any, samples from portable machines. However anything bigger doesn't have a problem which would include pretty much every compressor in a fire department.

Your avatar is from an early movie about moonshine runners and that guy played one of the detectives in "Cold Case".

Nope. It's Ricky from Trailer Park Boys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom