Can I remove one tank strap on my Zena?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lissa2112

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Zeagle Zena and have done tons of shore diving with it. (l am really happy with this BCD) Recently, I have been working on my DM and am spending lots of time boat diving. I am having problems with the bottom tank strap. When I put my BCD on the tank and try to place it in the tank holder on the boat, the strap keeps it from fitting into the holder properly, especially when I use short tanks (much preferred since I am only 5'1"). Is it safe to remove the bottom strap and use the top strap only?

No. Most BCs that use a single tank strap have a rigid backpack that acts to stabilize the tank. Zeagles have a much more flexible structure and without two straps the tank will not be very stable and that instability could ultimately damage the BC.

Sometimes, leaving the offending strap loose will let your rig fit in the holders. Then you just have to remember to fasten it as you gear up. If that does not work, you could replace the OE strap with a scubapro style strap which can be moved out of the way more when unfastened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom