Can I insure my wife against pregnancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetvet

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

My wife and I are seriously considering signing up for a live-aboard trip to the Galapagos in Oct with some friends. Only problem is that we are in the process of trying to expand the gene pool. Everything is going great, since both activities are fun :shades:

My problem is that the cancellation policy for the liveaboard can be fairly costly if one or both of us is unable to go. Is there any type of insurance that will compensate us if we have to cancel? Would this qualify (to anyone besides myself) as an "act of god", or would it be an unjustifiable reason for cancellation? I would rather have the kid than the trip, but if we can't do the pregnancy thing by then, it's a trip of a lifetime.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Wetvet

I would just check into some travel insurance, read the fine print and you should find out real quick.

http://www.accessamerica.com/terms_...PrslaWvuCLp7dsDwbshsdqVmhmtRT&product_id=TB1A

Guess we know now....

Part V. GENERAL PROGRAM EXCLUSIONS

These exclusions apply to all program benefits and services. In addition to any exclusions that apply to a particular benefit, no coverage is provided for any loss arising directly or indirectly out of or as a result of the following:

Intentionally self-inflicted harm, suicide or attempted suicide;

Normal Pregnancy, fertility treatments, Childbirth or elective abortion, other than unforeseen complications of pregnancy;

Mental or nervous health disorders, including but not limited to: anxiety, depression, neurosis or psychosis;

Alcohol or substance abuse, or related illnesses;

War (whether declared or undeclared), acts of war, military duty (unless as covered herein), civil disorder, or unrest (except as provided for in Travel Delay);

Participation in professional or amateur sport events (including training);

All extreme, high risk sports including but not limited to: bodily contact sports; skydiving; hang gliding, bungee jumping, parachuting; mountain climbing or any other high altitude activities, caving, heli-skiing, extreme skiing, or any skiing outside marked trails;

Scuba diving (unless accompanied by a dive master and not deeper than 130 feet);

Operating or learning to operate any aircraft as pilot or crew;

Nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination;

Natural disasters (unless as specifically covered below);

Terrorism (unless as specifically covered below);

Epidemic;

Pollution or threat of pollutant release;

Any unlawful acts committed by You, Family Members, or Traveling Companions, whether they are insured or not; or

Any expected or foreseeable events.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom