Can COVID spread underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since it is a respiratory infection I would say the answer to the header question is no unless one can breath water ( in that case still probably no)

can it survive and be rebroadcast “through” water? Still unknown.

Since it is a respiratory infection I would say the answer to the header question is no unless one can breath water ( in that case still probably no)

can it survive and be rebroadcast “through” water? Still unknown.

I thought it was contracted through touch or aerosolized droplet contact with mucosa of the eyes, nose & mouth not necessarily through inhalation.

I thought it was contracted through touch or aerosolized droplet contact with mucosa of the eyes, nose & mouth not necessarily through inhalation.
You may be right but I’ll wait to see if anyone does research on this, for now I’m about to offer myself up for the field testing, let me dive and find out.

You may be right but I’ll wait to see if anyone does research on this, for now I’m about to offer myself up for the field testing, let me dive and find out.

First you'll need to get some folks with active infections in the water and have them sneeze into it a few times and mix it up real good and then swim through that area lol.

First you'll need to get some folks with active infections in the water and have them sneeze into it a few times and mix it up real good and then swim through that area lol.
I’m in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom