Can anyone compare fit on Aqualung Solafx vs. Henderson Hyperstretch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoybeanQueen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a 3mil Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch full jumpsuit that I like, but it's too big now. I was going to order a new one of the same brand, but in 5 mil, because I get cold fairly easily. I know how the Hendersons fit me, so I'm pretty comfortable ordering them online and knowing they'll fit without having to return 47 wetsuits in the wrong sizes.

I just saw the Aqualung Solafx, though. It looks... warm. I like warm. I always wear some sort of hood anyway just to keep my hair out of the way, so having one built into my wetsuit wouldn't bug me at all.

Has anyone tried both of these wetsuits? I'm curious how the sizing might vary between the brands. Also whether the Solafx is as stretchy and comfortable as the Hyperstretch.

My LDS doesn't carry Aqualung wetsuits so trying one on isn't going to be easy. Just going by the measurements and suggested height/weight is not good, either. Those charts never account for the variances in curves on women. Heh.

Hi, I have recently purchased a SolAfx. I am 5'10" and weigh 225lbs. I learned that the size chart for Aqualung has some variances built in because they supposedly don't build a suit for my body type as my shoulder and chest measurements exceed anything they make period.

However, I was able to try on the XL, XL long, XXL and XXXL. Because of the flexible nature of the material, all sizes fit but I found the XXL to fit the best for me. Have worn it once and love it. It is an 8/7ml and I have the same freedom of movement as my Oneil 4/3 surf wetsuit and it is warm. Dove Central California water aprox. 56 degrees on the surface at up to 40ft with a steel 100, was down for 1hr 15 minutes and had no problem with the cold.

Since I have only used it once, I am trying to find others that have worn it for awhile and see what their experiences are but my initial experience is that the suit does a very nice job fitting my needs. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom