Can a Florida diver help me with a ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtbriten

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know this may sound silly.. but I am planning on flying to FL to shop for gear. I live in MA and have checked 7 dive shops (traveled up to 2 1/2 hours) and none of them carry wetsuits in the 5 to 7mm range in small sizes for woman. My henderson 3mm fits me so so but that's for warmer water so fit isn't as important. I want to get a good fit and I'm a tough one for sizing. Anyway... my question. Where in FL has the biggest concentration of dive shops. Fort Lauderdale ? West Palm Beach? Where would you recommend? Thanks

Well, you can't swing a cat by the tail in Key Largo without hitting a shop, but if you're really that difficult to fit, you can get a custom suit made for a little more than off the shelf, and you'll be much happier with it. google a search for Custom Wetsuit and see what you come up with.

There is a wetsuit manufacturer near Gainesville, but I just can't think of the name!

Virus]FSLR2[:
Well, you can't swing a cat by the tail in Key Largo without hitting a shop.
I always wondered what those furry red smudges on all the dive shops down there were from! Hmmm... learn something new every day.

dtbriten:
I know this may sound silly.. but I am planning on flying to FL to shop for gear. I live in MA and have checked 7 dive shops (traveled up to 2 1/2 hours) and none of them carry wetsuits in the 5 to 7mm range in small sizes for woman. My henderson 3mm fits me so so but that's for warmer water so fit isn't as important. I want to get a good fit and I'm a tough one for sizing. Anyway... my question. Where in FL has the biggest concentration of dive shops. Fort Lauderdale ? West Palm Beach? Where would you recommend? Thanks

http://liquidfit.com/

Divers Direct just opened their new flagship store not far from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. They've got tons of selection, and prices are pretty good.

There's also a custom wetsuit place just south of there called Wetware. http://www.wetwear.com.

Let us know when you come down and you can join some of Conchs on one of their legendary and much envied beach dives. :D

Marc

dtbriten:
...and none of them carry wetsuits in the 5 to 7mm range in small sizes for woman.

...that I'm recommeneding COVCI... Chris carries the superstretch Tilos suits, and his prices and service are excellent. (I'm NOT on his payroll). He's on SB so he'll probably see this. Anyway, a friend of mine showed up at a dive with one of these, and I ultimately stuffed my custom into the garage and bought a superstretch. Since they stretch something like 200 times their size, they are very accomodating. My wife now has 3-4 pieces, and I've got a 3mm. I'll pick up a vest one of these days...

Good luck.

NetDoc:
Hey MB, You think it will outstretch a hurricane? :D

That question nearly blew me away! I've nearly lost the power to reply. I'd model one for you, but I'm sure you'd lose track - besides, there'd be no consensus on whether the stretch factor would cover all vectors!

OK, I'm going to work on the garage again - I'm sure that car fit in there last time...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom