camping on a rock island in Palau (June)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h3o

Reaction score
I will be in Palau sometime in mid-June and I'm looking for some people that will be there around the same time that may want to join me for a few days of camping on one of the rock islands. Sam's Tours rents camping equipment and will also pick you up/drop you off before/after diving. I will be stopping in Palau for about a week and I was thinking of camping out for at least 2 or 3 nights.

I plan on renting a tent, sleeping pad, solar shower, a fishing pole, water containters, a BBQ grill, and maybe a kayak. Let me know if you're interested, post here or send me a PM. I will most likely be there between June 7-14.

here is a link to the info about Sam's camping. Click on "rates" at the bottom.
http://www.samstours.com/index2.html

That sounds like a most excellent trip! Wish I could join you. The Rock Islands are just amazing. Never thought about camping there, but what a great idea! Especially with a grill and kayak!! Whoa baby! I am truly jealous.
Any chance you were in Palau Feb. of 2oo2? I dove with someone originally from Guam.....now living in Calif. Just wondering....

Best wishes with your plans.

Beck

Yeah, I've been wanting to go camping there for awhile... it would be a lot more fun and not as isolating to camp with another person/people. If I can't find anyone to come along before or after I get there, I'm probably going to just camp out and brave the nights alone!

Sorry, wasn't me, the last time I was in Palau I was probably 14 years old.

Back
Top Bottom