Camping in San Marcos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any advice from locals or those who have been there regarding good spots to drag our trailer in San Marcos? We could stay at Landa Park in New Braunfels, but are wondering if there is a nice place right in SM? Ann, seems like you mentioned one called Leisure Park or something like that?

We're going to do the Scientific Diver course at Aquarena on March 11/12! I'm excited, we've been wanting to do this for a while now...

There is a relatively new RV park on IH-35 on the south side of town at the 199 Posey Road Exit. Near the outlet mall and only 5 exits from Aquarena Springs.
Canyon Trail RV Resort 6050 Ih 35 S, San Marcos, TX 78666 (512) 805-9988 http://www.canyontrailrv.com/

Question to thread/Foo:
I realize I could just google AquaRena Springs; but hey! I am lazy. Okay? I admit it. Can some one give me a quick paragraph description of what I would have to do to take the scientific diver course on March 11/12. Thanks.
JR

**Reprinted from Aquarena Center Website:

Scientific Diver Authorization Course
Weekly - Two days: Saturday & Sunday
This two day course focuses on The Edwards Aquifer, the Habitat, Endangered Species, Archeology, State & Federal Regulations governing Spring Lake and advanced diving techniques (bouyancy and skills) to ensure protection of this critical habitat.

Current course: Scientific Diver Authorization Course
Dive at the Aquarena Center's in one of the state's best and most visible diving lakes - comparable to visibility in the Caribbean Sea. The new Scientific Diving Program helps assure that all diving operations in Spring Lake are procedurally safe as well as environmentally sensitive. Once certified, divers have limitless opportunities to participate in the Volunteer Diving Program.

AUTHORIZATION TO DIVE: Once certified, volunteers will be allowed to assist Aquarena with projects and underwater tasks that conform to the Habitat Management Plan. There may also be opportunities to assist federal state and local agencies with research projects. Recreational activities are prohibited in Spring Lake so there may be periods when volunteers are not needed in the lake. At such times the Aquarium and Dive areas are often in need of repair and maintenance so volunteers are welcome to help in these areas when unable to enter Spring Lake.

Requests to dive must be made no later than 72 hours in advance to Heather Fisher or by phone (512-245-7541). Requests are not always granted but we value your support so please do not be discouraged if we are unable to complete your requests. If there is a need, volunteers will be sent an e-mail that they will need to bring with them to Aquarena in order to check in with the P.I.C. (Person In Charge.) This e-mail should include the date and activity to be completed. No One will be admitted into the lake without this confirmation.

Course Cost $200

richerso:
Question to thread/Foo:
I realize I could just google AquaRena Springs; but hey! I am lazy. Okay? I admit it. Can some one give me a quick paragraph description of what I would have to do to take the scientific diver course on March 11/12. Thanks.
JR

Richerso, the CHUM dive club out of Houston has booked that weekend, but they have a few more openings, if I'm not mistaken. They are letting my husband and me join their group. Check this thread on their website http://www.chumclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=827&page=1&pp=10
and you can contact JDavis, if you are interested in making the weekend. Since spring break starts that weekend for me, we're planning to stay most of the week, also and get in some diving at the rivers and hopefully, in Spring Lake. Hope to see you there!

Jay_SMART_Diver:
There is a relatively new RV park on IH-35 on the south side of town at the 199 Posey Road Exit. Near the outlet mall and only 5 exits from Aquarena Springs.
Canyon Trail RV Resort 6050 Ih 35 S, San Marcos, TX 78666 (512) 805-9988 http://www.canyontrailrv.com/

I appreciate your help regarding this park, it looks nice! We're leaning toward staying on the Comal River, however, now. We're thinking it's not that far to SM from NB, and that way we'll be able to easily dive the Comal also since we can stay right on the river. Hope to meet you there?

Foo:
Any advice from locals or those who have been there regarding good spots to drag our trailer in San Marcos? QUOTE]

You know Foo... when you told me you had a trailer I thought you ment one that actually had wheels on it and not one that you just happened to latched on to your truck and had to drag around. :06:

Are you sure it's not a house boat ??? :D

Back
Top Bottom