Camping/Diving in USVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henryville

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Trying to combine family interests, I see there is a big US National Park on St. John, US Virgin Islands, with various forms of camping available. Have any of you camped there and combined it with diving? Any recommendations if you have?

Thanks!

Henryville:
Trying to combine family interests, I see there is a big US National Park on St. John, US Virgin Islands, with various forms of camping available. Have any of you camped there and combined it with diving? Any recommendations if you have?

Thanks!

A number of years ago my brother and I camped in the Keys and did some diving in Penecamp. We pitched a tent in two spots, one near Bahia Honda St. Park and then we pitched near Key West at some camp ground that I can't remember the name.
I have heard that there is camping on the Dry Tortugas if you can get there.
We also stayed in some tent cottages on Maho Bay on St. John USVI. We spent 4 days diving and tenting, it was memorable, it was over 20 years ago and my intro to diving.
For the cold water version I've taken a couple of weekend camping trips to Tobemory a town in Ontario Cananda on Georgian Bay where there is shore diving as well as boat dives on wrecks
I've been to Isle Royal on a hiking canoeing trip for a week, there were some divers that went on the boat with us from Copper Harbor Mich. across Lake Superior to Isle Royal. We didn't dive, but the water was really clear and coldddd!
Also many years ago I took a trip to Crystal river and Ginnie Springs in Florida where you can dive in fresh water caves and with Manatees.

Back
Top Bottom