Camiguin and Mantigue Island in August Setpember 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am *very* likely to go to Camiguin Island this coming August. I plan to do some scuba diving and site seeing. I have read several posts on Camiguin but wanted some updated information.

I plan to fly from Manila to CDO then ferry to Camiguin. I was planning to dive with Johnny's Dive N Fun and stay at Golden Sunset Beach Club. Seems like a good place. Does anyone have some experience diving around Camiguin or super cool things to do on the island itself?

I hear Mantigue Island and the Old Volcano are the best places to dive?

let me your thoughts........thanks.

There are TWO ferry terminals to Camiguin, one is within the city of CDO for the fast craft and the other one(slow but more frequent) is miles away by bus(an hr).
Mantique is the best for diving.
As I had said before Camiguin is NOT that great for diving if compare with the others in the country.
There are many walking trails but you do need a guide.
Have a nice time.

I have dived around camiguin many times my favourite dives are jigdup reef nice wall and slope if your lucky you might see an eagle ray, Bulias shoal can be a really nice dive but currents can be really strong it is a slope with nice coral and good fish life,Black forest a dive site off white island is another slope lots of small reef fish,nudies and the odd turtle is a nice dive Jonnys dive are great bunch guiding is very good. As centrals said many nice trails also hot and cold springs are really nice.

i think i will really like camiguin island. i hear Mantigue Island has large schools of fish there. i plan to go waterfall repelling also which is super fun. plus the resort has rooms about 15 to 20 feet from the waters edge. so i am very excited to go there. i thought about going to Sogod, but was unsure if there was as many things to do there as in camiguin island.

Back
Top Bottom