Camera Setting Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azza2012

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased a g15 & fantasea housing as i was frustrated watching nice photos of other people i dive with (i dive with a gopro tray setup) but obviously most time its delete footage in my area but i take it as its the moment u dont have it u see sharks, whales and the likes lol. So my setup is now Flat tray with my srp tray handles/arms and 2x itorch video pro 4's (1 on each arm) my camera in middle and my gopro is cold shoe mounted ontop of the housing.

Issue is..I have 0 experience with cameras as last one i owned was like 12 yrs ago so i have bought two books to try learn how to operate them properly and not be naive, i ordered a under water photo book & david busch's book on the g15 but the learning curve is Huge to even try to understand what settings are and the likes. As i only have 1-2 double dives a month due to life commitments i would like to get the gopro set to some nice workable settings that i can try understand as i read the books and practice on land so im not wasting my dives learning the basics (more so then i already will learning photography).

So question i have is..Can someone advise me of settings i want to reprogram for standard shooting and macro shooting that i can put in for time being while i learn from my books? I do not have a strobe as i cant afford it at the moment but i am told the video pros i have are good for focus lights for time being..i assume ill be in the aperture setting area but im not really sure so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have the same problem, though I do own a strobe. On the Ikelite website you can find the manual for their G15 housing. In that manual there is a page devoted to how to set up the G15 for underwater use. It's a good starting point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom