Camera Selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Palma

Contributor
Reaction score
In a nutshell, I'm looking at either the Intova IC 500 and IC 600. I know that they're cheap, and you get what you pay for. I'm simply looking for something that'll document my dives, rather than for something for National Geographic. Something I don't need to constantly keep holding in my hands on a dive. Something I can stow in a pouch, as opposed to clipping of on my d-ring. I'm also looking for a small camera I can use topside for taking quick shots, as opposed to lugging around my old 350D DSLR.

Here are my pros and cons:

IC 500: Pros:
Small enough to actually fit in the pouch currently attached to my harness.
Really, really low priced

Cons:
Really, really basic. Not expandable.

IC 600: Pros:
Improved specs than the IC 500
Optical zoom as opposed to digital zoom
Capabilities for strobe and lens

Cons:
Will need bigger pouch
Slightly higher cost - I know its expandable, but I'm still not sure if I want to
invest in this system after some time.

If you're wondering why I'm just choosing between these two, it's because these are the only ones that are easily accessible to me at this time. I haven't seen any deals here in the Philippines for the name brands like Canon that approach the cost of the Intova.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom