Camera rentals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmw

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

New to ScubaBoard and new to diving. Got PADI certified last month and made my first post-training dives last weekend at Indian Shores reef. I'm glad to see an active Tampa Bay forum and I'm sure I'll pester you all with lots of questions in the coming days!

Topside, I'm a nature photographer and I want to start taking a camera down with me. I have a Nikon DSLR and I choke on the prices I've seen for a housing, so I'm looking for a less expensive alternative to purchase later in the year. Until then, does anybody know of a shop in the area that rents U/W digital cameras?

To the best of my knowledge, there are not any shops locally that rent camera housings.

The only one that I know that does that is Backscatter. You can Google them.

You may want to contact Ryan at Reef Photo and see if they do. Reef is a lot closer than Backscatter. I have dealt with Reef and they are great folks. I have no personal experience with Backscatter, but have heard good things about them as well.

Either way it is not going to be cheap.

Either way it is not going to be cheap.

Nothing is cheap that is worthwhile in U/W photography. I was hoping to find someplace that would rent a smaller digital camera rig like a Sealife but nobody rents these in the Bay area.

Some of the disposable cameras are waterproof to 15 - 20'. Not much, but at least you get a feel for underwater photography.

And you are correct @ housing prices. We just purchased an Ikelite.

We will be renting Sealife DC1200 (12mp) underwater cameras once our new shop is officially open. We are presently moving shops after 30 years in business from our Gandy Blvd location to 4051 S. Dale Mabry Hwy in Tampa.

We will be renting Sealife DC1200 (12mp) underwater cameras once our new shop is officially open. We are presently moving shops after 30 years in business from our Gandy Blvd location to 4051 S. Dale Mabry Hwy in Tampa.

When will the new shop open? I'd like to come by and take a look. I work in Tampa on W. Henderson near Lois so you're not that far away. We sometimes go out for lunch at Estella's Mexican restaurant which is just about next door to your new shop.

The new shop is NOW open :wink:. We are still in plan mode for our Official Grand Opening. Stop in or give us a call @ 813-835-3483.
PS: We have Sealife DC1200 (12mp) cameras for sale & rent. :D

When will the new shop open? I'd like to come by and take a look. I work in Tampa on W. Henderson near Lois so you're not that far away. We sometimes go out for lunch at Estella's Mexican restaurant which is just about next door to your new shop.

I know Narcosis Scuba In Tarpon Springs rents digital camera's, they also rent digital camera masks that also shoot video. I used one two weeks ago and was very impressed with the quality of the pictures and video. Call Capt. Joyce or James they will be able to help you with all ?'s.

The new shop is NOW open :wink:. We are still in plan mode for our Official Grand Opening. Stop in or give us a call @ 813-835-3483.
PS: We have Sealife DC1200 (12mp) cameras for sale & rent. :D

The Sealife cameras can switch between taking high resolution pictures & high definition video with the push of 1 button on the camera housing. You can see a sample of the pictures & video on the link on Action Aquatics Website. For some reason we can not post a link to the pictures or video here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom