Camera Question about Sea & Sea... (Or my kids want to take pic's)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My kids want to get into underwater photography so I need a camera that can be beat to death and keep on ticking.

I don't want to go with the camera and housing cause I can't trust them "Yet" to not flood it and not to mess it up with dings/drops on the boat - you know what I mean.

So, anyone have comments recommendations about a digital set up where the camera itself is fine underwater without housings etc.

DD

DeputyDan:
My kids want to get into underwater photography so I need a camera that can be beat to death and keep on ticking.

I don't want to go with the camera and housing cause I can't trust them "Yet" to not flood it and not to mess it up with dings/drops on the boat - you know what I mean.

So, anyone have comments recommendations about a digital set up where the camera itself is fine underwater without housings etc.

DD

I don't have any personal experience, but in my own online research I know that Sea & Sea offer a few options. Their DX-3100, seems like a nice option. Also SeaLife offers a DC 300 model. You can see some other models on leisurepro's web site.

I know of a sealife310 thats been amply abused without ever having a flood - its a cam and housing though

To the best of my knowledge there is no digital U/W camera, they all need a housing. To avoid any type of housing, you'll need to go with a film set-up like the S&S MX-10.

Couple of things here DD. You and the girls need to join us at the UW digital camera group meetings. Several of the members have entry level digital cameras they could play with and most of the discussion is applicable to both digital as well as film cameras. The pool work is def helpful. If you are interested in a good used MX-10, I suspect I know someone who would part with one.

Hey Herman:

Mama wants me to look for a digital. She's spent enough developing bad film...

DD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom