Camera Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brettp2004

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to get some opinions on this issue. I have a sealife DC1000. I love the camera. For what I use it for it takes great pictures and video. My problem is... The housing is cracked on the outside. It is only on the outside casing, not on the clear inside lining (if that makes any sense). So water cannot get to where the camera is, only in between the two parts of the camera housing. It is a very, very small crack. When I submerge it in my bathtub bubbles do not flow, they just slowly build. My question is, at depth will the pressure make the crack worse? Even if it does make the crack worse, will it effect the inside lining? Next question... If you think it will effect the camera, would you pay $500 for the new DC1200 or pay $250 for a new housing for the DC1000?

Welcome to the Advance Scuba forum.

If you'd asked in the Sealife owners forum, I'd suggest calling Sealife, getting an RA#, and returning it for replacement. They have the best customer service.

But you may get better ideas here... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom