Camera housing question for Dee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
or anyone else.

I have a little Fuji FinePix 1300 and was thinking about trying to get a housing. Saw Ewa-marine's site, along with Ikelite and others, but Ewa didn't give a model for the low pixel one I have. Who would have one, and would it be better to buy a Sea&Sea or other camera instead of a housing? And, digital or regular 35mm film format?

I don't want to get into the Nikonos w/dual strobes and all that, just wanna take snapshots. I know; no strobe, lotta backscatter.

(Turns off flash on camera and holds dive light over head to illuminate fish) :D

Check here.... for a list of Fujifilm cameras suitable for underwater usage. I didn't see yours.

You don't mention how much money you want to spend. If all you want is snapshots, you can start at around $180 with a S&S MX-5. This is a step above the disposable cameras and will give you lots of backscatter. There was reference links in another post today for cameras in the $500 range.

Back
Top Bottom