Camera Housing Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gerardnealon

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought the Olympus C5060 digital camera with the Ike light houseing. I have been hearing many stories of cameras flooding and i seems like sometimes it just happens. My question is in regards to the insurance. When I bought the camera I paid a little extra for the "extended warranty". I think that extended it to like 5 years. Is that the insurance I need? Or is there something else i need to get? If so which company is the best to use for insurance. Thanks for the help. I never used the camera underwater yet... i was told it is a good one!

I dont know about any specific insurance for gear. But if you have homeowners or renters insurance it should cover it.

unfortunatly i have neither!! I wonder if the DAN or PADI insurance would cover it.

gerardnealon:
unfortunatly i have neither!! I wonder if the DAN or PADI insurance would cover it.

I'm not sure, but you can get renter insurance for really cheap. I think I pay like 12$ a year for 40K worth of coverage, its insanly cheap. And saved my but a few times. I kind of dont think DAN would cover it, but I really havent ever dealt with them to much, so I cant even begin to offer an educated opinion on that one.

alcina:
OK...your warranty does not cover floods, damage and the like.

Check out DAN and DEPP for camera/flood insurance. A search on these two will also show you some recent discussions...

Good luck...

Great.. thanks for the advice!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom