Camera Experts: 2.1mp or 3.3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello:

Comparing the Sealife SL148 against the Sea & Sea DX3000 I found the features they provide are essentially the same.

But the Sealife camera costs about half as much. And I can buy the Sealife Sl145 package, which is the SL148 plus a strobe, for less money than the Dx3000 without a strobe.

I know both companies manufacture their own cameras and I know that Sea & Sea has a good reputation for quality but I don't know how well the quality of Sealife's cameras stack up.

So, is the Sealife system a really good buy for the price, or as the only adage goes: you only get what you pay for?

More confused than before,
mario

The reefmaster 310 should have been released today. I own a reefmaster strobe and the best 35mm reefmaster setup. I had preordered the 310 but decided to go with a Ikelite DS-50 and a housing for my Canon S45. I owned the S45 so the cost of the strobe and housing were within $50 of buying the DC310. A problem with the Reefmaster is once you buy reefmaster your stuck with reefmaster. That is probably not bad but it does limit things. The camera and strobe only work with the reefmaster equipment. I have a camera and strobe ifor sale if anyone is interested. Used on 4 dives last september. I think the Ikelite will give me more flexiblity for future expansion. Time will tell if I made the right choice.:)

Back
Top Bottom